Google Stadia's Game Prices Are Absolutely Ridiculous!

Google revealed the pricing and monthly subscription costs of their Google Stadia cloud gaming service. while the monthly costs and hardware prices aren’t absurd, the fact that they want you to pay full retail prices for games is an absolute joke. Subscribe to ReviewTechUSA for more awesome content.

Check out Cutting Edge Gamer For Great Graphics Card Leasing Deals (Affiliate Link):

Subscribe To RTUStreams For My Live Content:

Follow me on Instagram:

Sources cited in this video:

#GoogleStadia #Google

50 thoughts on “Google Stadia's Game Prices Are Absolutely Ridiculous!

The Masked Unknown

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

According to my test speeds, I'm getting 720p 30fps. I'm sad.

Lonnie Coates

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

That is why I only buy from GOG for PC gaming. If GOG goes under (hopefully that never happens), I can still install and enjoy my purchases.

Keneki

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

well you pay to play the games, what's wrong with that? am I missing something here, if brand new games come out how are developers supposed to make money.

Cars And Zombies

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I hate this to begin with. Waaaaay to expensive in the long run, and personally, I love having an actual console on my desk. This will be a total flop.

Optimus Mega

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I don't think Cloud Gaming is the future because it is so different to modern convenience that it is more of an extra layer to the convenience. Local Hardware will always run games better and afford better options, period. When I look at the specs this is capable of, they're are remarkable in terms of streamed autonomous systems but are a couple years behind the current gen when it comes to the PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and PC gaming. Internet connections are not absolute and offer more in the way of delayed communication than true autonomy. If someone hacks the servers then there will be outages, indefinitely. You also lose a lot of privacy to companies that would value your playing data. Not only are you sacrificing the second hand market which gives you the most consumer rights, you're also revoking the idea of a refund because these are not digital goods in the same sense.

BRADLEY BRIGGS

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Baulders Gate III better be on other platforms aswell or I'm going to be pssed.

Par Vee

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Bad news rich, cloud gaming will never be ready. I know it's hard to hear, but it's true.

YunGGin xTD

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Who tf paying for internet thats less then 35 mbs 😂 forreal WHOO?

KrGsMrNKusinagi0

Streaming device… NO $%$% thankyou at all

Ava the Avy dog

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Sounds cheap to me if all I need is a controller

steve Johnson

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Good thing datacap does not exist outside of the United States.

Daakist

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

This is the dumbest thing ever. Boycott anything streaming err…game streaming.

kamil douglas

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

at first i was happy but now meh

Damon Hopkins

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Rich: "Hey Google, what happens when Stadia fails?"
    My Google Home: "Sorry, I don't know how to help with that yet!"

lmfao!

Batman 117

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I don't understand why Google is even doing this. Everyone who's into gaming already has a PS4 or XBOX ONE or even a Switch. This will most likely fail and I am not going to be any part of it. And cloud gaming is the future, as in Batman Beyond's future which is always 50 years from now so no time soon

David Allen

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I was willing to try this out before hand but this news really turned me off from it

lovesosa

This guy just doomed google with 1 video😂

Khal Jecht

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Let's not pretend fair pricing and good practices run the gaming world. Have you heard of microtransactions?💵 EA? 💵 Mobile games? 💵 Lootboxes? 💵 💵
    Consoles should be worried. In 10 years their current model will look like Blockbuster.

Timbo303Official

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

The only internet isps that can take advantage of this that i only know of are att fiber, google fiber, and mediacom (mediacom's highest package has 6 TB data cap compared to xfinity's 1 TB cap and its the same darn cost at $140 for 1 Gig plan. WTF comcast might just move out of Chicago to get better speeds and better data cap for same cost and better ping than att fiber. i hope our new mayor allows other isps such as spectrum soon because chicago wifi is a joke with only att and xfinity as our options. Along with our high taxes people are moving out of Chicago).

The Great Empire Of Cyrodiil

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I'm happy with my Xbox 1s.

Grim Reaper

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I thought technology was supposed to make things more affordable and lower prices. What happened people? What haaaappened?

Jodeth

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I don't have a data cap, but a limit that charges me for additional allocated data ($10 per 50GB I think it is). If I were to use Stadia, I'd keep the settings at 720p 60 fps. I'm never gonna use it, so nothing to worry about. Streaming is only useful for demoing games and that's it. That's basically what I used OnLive for. Good luck to Google. They're gonna need it.

Critical xMiss

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Its going to be free for up to 1080p… charging 10 bucks for 4k max settings is not bad…
    A console costs 400- so 40 months (3.25 years) is the equivalent. By then, they will be releasing their "pro" versions- which you wont have to buy because their servers will most likely keep upgrading to 4k, 60 fps, max settings. Not to mention, the consoles require there own subscriptions (granted they come with their own games)
    I am not saying this is for everyone, but it is not a terrible deal

Kilarith Duskleaf

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Wow, USA ISPs are terrible… I have 500Mbps down 60Mbps up for 12€($13)/month here in France…

Stadia sounds muuuuuch more interesting than PS4/5 with PS+ or buying a good gamer PC here…

Ronald K

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Nobody needs stadia we already have the best consoles with best exclusives

snkplay

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

"Stadia Pro-exclusive discounts on select game purchases: Yes" also the same argument could be made for Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo but we assume it will always be around. Games' version of Netflix/Spotify.

Daniel Pan

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Good luck. It's way too early. I live in Sydney and my home internet connection doesn't even manage 5Mbits/second. 😂

GoZips30

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Wow, at this rate, based on the pricing and info. provided, Google Stadia will likely fail harder and faster than………oh………I don't know…………Google+!

Miltonia

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I'd rather take that money & use it to fund a private server that can let you play a discontinued game. Maybe find someone who can get or code the patches etc & pay them.

Nerdy_Lion

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Even $20 sounds steep for a game that you can only ever stream and not physically own/ download.
    What they should do is make Stadia a subscription-based service where you can access all the games for "free" as long as you have a Stadia subscription (like XBox Game Pass or PSNow). It also makes much more sense in the long run because only so many people will buy a certain game, but you will always get money every month from a subscription.

Josh Silva

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Streaming games is stupid.

Adiyan Ahmed

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I thought the point of Stadia was that you'd be getting games for free once you subscribe… smh

eyeh8eternal

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

here in Australia for my internet that I have which is a Fibre to the Node connection, I am getting between 90 to 100 MB down speed and 30 to 35 MB up speed which is also on a unlimited data plan and in conjunction with my plan included I also have unlimited free Lan Line Local, Australia wide national and to any Mobile calls, all for one packaged price which is $125.00 AUD a month and that is a major bargain for anyone who lives here down under, because like I said not only am I getting and unlimited internet plan with really good speed I getting phone call cost for mobile, national and local all free in one whole complete package. so yeah $125.00 AUD a month is well worth it compared to what it would be if I had to pay per minute for mobile and national calls and for each local calls as well

Jeremiah Parker

Dang data caps

Kenny_Powers

Flop

jcawthon99

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Does the $70 controller come with the chromcast or is that a separate purchase?

Danny 200MPH

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Stadia is clearly targeted towards casual gamers… Problem is Stadia prices are not casual friendly.

Mike Oliver

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I'm struggling to see why I should pay more for faster internet so I can pay to stream video games I in no way own or have any control over, especially when this is coming from a company known to ban it's users for wrong-think.

Austin Knops

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

I dont know how data caps are a thing tbh, is this just a United states problem? Here in Canada it's not a problem but I'm not excited for stadia because xcloud girls right around the corner and it will demolish stadia

Bobo Won

you just need gigabit fibre for 100 cad a month

Danny 200MPH

it was recently announced YouTube Gaming App is being closed down
    it will be soon announced Stadia Gaming App is being closed down

jason Brown

Lafmbof!😄
    They don't have my money or able to take it!

Blake NoLast

Stadia blows, no thanks.

Seraphyx

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

"Which will give you access to the services games"

What games? Is this gonna be like an Ouya 2.0? Screw that.

AdamW_Parker

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

"I will never stream games"…yeah get in line with the people that will "never stream movies". You guys are just scared of the new kid. Heard the same complaints when xbox first came out. "Bill Gates cant make games"… lol

Travis Touchdown

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

You can do other things on the internet besides game?!

Linkman247

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Yup, it's a big pass from me. Forget it.

Body Guard

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Some burglar stole my PS4, so I am interested in Google Stadia, but only if they release FIFA 20 on it.

YYC

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

This won't work if we have to purchase the games. Maybe down the road, once the platform is proven. In the meantime, $20 a month for all access. That would hit a home run.

Solidius T

(June 8, 2019 - 1:39 am)

Google is crazy if they think people are going to switch over from Stevia. It's already proven to be a legitimate artificial sweetener.