Hyperkin Is Making An N64 Clone. But…

Hyperkin announced that it is working on the Ultra Retron. An Nintendo 64 clone with HDMI (720p) output. It seems great and the games Hyperkin displayed (mostly) seemed to run well, but it the console will use emulation to run the games. Subscribe to ReviewTechUSA for more great content.

Check out Cutting Edge Gamer For Great Graphics Card Leasing Deals (Affiliate Link):

Subscribe To RTUStreams For My Live Content:

Follow me on Instagram:

Sources cited in this video:
https://youtu.be/5fWQ6JCNrH4 (MODERN VINTAGE GAMER)

#Hyperkin #UltraRetron #Nintendo64

20 thoughts on “Hyperkin Is Making An N64 Clone. But…

RAGman

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

Ultra64? Damn I'm feeling old now. I remember drooling over early footage of OOT when this thing was announced under that name. Good times. Can't say I'd enjoy Goldeneye on this thing after being able to run it and Perfect Dark at glorious 60fps on my PC with M&KB controls, though. Seriously, if you haven't tried it, look around and do it. It's truly worth it.

Haven

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

Great but still no N64 portable..

retrogamerfan

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

Why only 720p it’s 2019 for gods sake let’s go 1080 guess I got to wait for analogs version

Son Gohan

My Retropie still works.

GrizzleShack

Merio Kart?

Phil Dawson

Just buy a n64 and everdrive

rafpac6

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

Talk about clones, Rich looks like a clone of Matthew Santoro. Not even an emulation, its so very FPGA.

THECH0SEN0NE82

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

im thinking emulation in a messed up way is the best option. you ever tried getting the ''best'' image out of a real n64? HARD.. even using rgb scart with a deblur effect and gs codes etc is pretty iffy. an fpga system but with a higher resolution would be a tough job i imagine. hopefully this isnt too bad and might open the door up to more n64 clones.

DerkuiDerkui

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

With every new video, you lose even more weight. Good job man! Keep up the good work!

Vulpine Daddy

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

This isn’t good. You can’t use emulation for running an entire console. I bought a Super Nintendo just to play longer SNES games. Hyperlink needs to drop emulation and use something reliable.

GeneralLee131

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

Man, i don't understand how EmuParadise gets shut down for hosting emulation software and roms, but everyone and their mother can just build and sell unlicensed clone consoles and get away with it. Used to be my go-to place man. Especially now that my town burned down and i lost all my classic games, gotta get my fix somehow!

J elhaj

Oakarina

Tyler Dewar

skibadabamdam boom

Nathaniel Connell

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

Every emulation I've ever used, not one of them could play Vigilante 8. It's more than likely this exact reason it runs poorly.

Leefo 3

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

If the “speculation” come to find out to be true Hyperkin need to be slapped! Even if they’re trying to target a casual consumer doesn’t mean they should put out a poor product! Maybe the n64 should be left alone.

Jodeth

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

This clone console looks like it'll be fine for people looking for some quick nostalgia. It's not for me though. For a long time I've been spoiled by emulation on PC with much higher resolution, overclocking, and a choice to use any controller I want.

speedyink

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

You look thinner… I think you should've done a shirtless something every month or two or something, so you could stitch it together later and we could watch shrinking Rich. Seriously, good job man.

Neophy

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

is it the beard or is he thinner? hope is not some kind of dease..

Harlan Pendaz

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

Its really stupid to complain about emulation in 2019, js.

Take Hiro LOL

(June 7, 2019 - 3:00 am)

My N64 is 20 years old and next week I will pick up the Tribute64 controller. The shipping costs and import taxes are higher than the $25 I paid for the controller!