The company had a wildly successful IPO, seeing the price of its shares more than double on the first day, amid a growing appetite for its products at grocery stores and restaurants.
» Subscribe to NBC News: http://nbcnews.to/SubscribeToNBC
» Watch more NBC video: http://bit.ly/MoreNBCNews

NBC News Digital is a collection of innovative and powerful news brands that deliver compelling, diverse and engaging news stories. NBC News Digital features NBCNews.com, MSNBC.com, TODAY.com, Nightly News, Meet the Press, Dateline, and the existing apps and digital extensions of these respective properties. We deliver the best in breaking news, live video coverage, original journalism and segments from your favorite NBC News Shows.

Connect with NBC News Online!
Visit NBCNews.Com: http://nbcnews.to/ReadNBC
Find NBC News on Facebook: http://nbcnews.to/LikeNBC
Follow NBC News on Twitter: http://nbcnews.to/FollowNBC
Follow NBC News on Instagram: http://nbcnews.to/InstaNBC

21 thoughts on “Inside Beyond Meat, The Plant-Based Company Disrupting A Trillion Dollar Industry | NBC Nightly News

Soo Ra Bae

Ty Ethan

K.A. GORDON

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

I gained 8 pounds in a little over a week because of the three dollar coupons from beyond, the free beyond burger at carl juniors and trying the impossible burger a couple days ago. I thought what if this makes me start eating meat again and I kind of threw up a little in my mouth. I really like these burgers (kroegers now makes their own organic ones along with Lightlife (canadian) right next to the beyond burgers. I haven't tried the others yet since I had the coupons. Its been 30 yrs since I had meat and I never thought my dreams for animals would start to come true in my lifetime. We still have a longggggg way to go.

Cheetoes Frank

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

Doesn't taste at all like meat and has a strange distasteful aftertaste. Impossible burger tastes closer to actual meat with very little aftertaste which isn't as gross as the beyond meat one and even that it is just a tolerable substitute for actual meat, so no idea why this disgusting fake meat would be (i dont believe it actually is) disrupting any industries.

Shell F

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

They need to take the word "meat" and "burger" off their product and get it out of the meat section in the store. It’s nothing more than cheap ingredients and charging more for it. More vegan agenda crap. #EatMeatMakeFamlies. Meatheals.com #baldmanbad #VeganRescue

johnny d

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

I cant wait till it comes to my city

Mike Fani

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

Beyond meat is great fantastic fabulous delicious burger❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️👏👏👏👏👏

boi

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

I LOVE beyond meat, I had some at this burger place and I don’t think I’ll eat a regular burger again lol I wanna try their sausage bc I heard it’s even better

Diego paez

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

Go vegan please dont support the slaughterhouses

qigung

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

Soylent Green is people!!!

david forte

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

A bunch of hipster vegans talking about No I don't believe it

Christopher Sabionski

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

I lost interest in meat substitutes back in the 90's. My sister loves them. We're both vegan but eat wildly different. Viva la Organic-Vegan! I brought two Beyond Meat burgers over to a friends' house last year. He thought I gave up being vegan! He loved the burger…after he finished I told him it was vegan. He's now vegan….. I made him watch "Earthlings." Nobody deserves to be shielded from the truth. If watching slaughterhouse footage doesn't make you salivate, go vegan!

Ghost Ghost

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

This is funny how people claim they are vegan all their life. Now they are excited about this product. This product tasted like real beef. Here is the reality check.. if you never have beef how would you know how its taste like then if you do you are not a vegan.

Brandon Sun

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

I believe that plant-based meat substitutes (or at least, lab-grown meat) will be a cheaper alternative to meat in the future. It takes much less time to make (compared to raising animals) and the lack of land (necessary to house the animals) and other intermediates such as slaughterhouses reduce the production cost. It just needs an investment to start setting up the infrastructure necessary to reduce the initial cost.

m jean

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

I was born and raised a vegan so I'm really excited about new vegan type food. The food he is producing has actually been around for over 60 years. Loma Linda foods Worthington foods battle creek foods and many more. I've been eating these plant based foods all my life. Try it you may just like it.

Pernell Harrison Ministries

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

Hoping to have Beyond Meat Burger to be available at Hardee's, just like its sister restaurant chain, Carl's Jr.

Armando Sturzenegger

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

Something is not right about this. Too good to be true, my grandma said when we watched this together.

Pohaku Mana

People's taste buds are GMO burnt out so UNnatural PROCESSING
    I'll stick to my organic wabbit stew.

Adriel Sjahfiedin

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

I think this is a smart alternative… Since everything are basically comes into a cycle, chemically you can make an emulation of meat.

David Ellis

Lol 🍖 without the 🐄 !

Devin Jones

(May 22, 2019 - 7:18 am)

I have absolutely no problem eating plant based protein, the main problem comes in when it comes to cost. No sane person would eat something that tastes "okay" when it costs 2-5 times the price. I actually enjoy Soy Nuggets but they're not so much better than Chicken nuggets to be worth the additional cost. If the cost was a bit more than meat or identical to meat I'd easily make the switch.

alamadin mohammed